Your child's happiness, well-being and security is our number one priority. Our Nurture Team consists of a full-time SENCo, FLO and Pastoral Support Team. They are dedicated solely to look after the welfare of pupils who may be experiencing emotional or social difficulties. All support offered is sensitively planned from the child as a starting point so that it is tailored to individual emotional developmental stages.
Well-being interventions usually take place in the dedicated well-being room but all staff have received training and the strategies used are extended to classrooms. Our aim is to ensure that not only do all pupils feel happy, secure and valued but that they are also able to work in a calm, pleasant and purposeful environment without disruption.
The six principles of nurture
1. Children's learning is understood developmentally
2. The classroom offers a safe base
3. The importance of nurture for the development of wellbeing
4. Language is a vital means of communication
5. All behaviour is communication
6. The importance of transition in children's lives
Ref: Lucas,S., Insley,K. and Buckland,G. (2006) Nurture Group Principles and Curriculum Guidelines Helping Children to Achieve, The Nurture Group Network.